On the Hoof are delighted to offer their popular and fun Treasure Hunt.
This is the revival of the On
- Practice your navigation skills
- Get your Qwiz Brain Working
- Have some fun with your Horses and Friends
the Hoof DT Orienteering Challenge ..... two distances available (distance is
dependent on your navigational skills) approx 10km and 20 km) . You can enter in pairs or groups or for the brave alone ... the start line will be your receipt of the co-ordinates
for your class.
- Each co-ordinate will be manned for you to check in (find treasure) or answer a question or just be relieved to get there)
- There will be a variety of winners
- everyone who gets back
- those who get back 1st
- those will most points (so have answered all questions or found some treasure)
- and I suppose the time of years means a fancy dress prize too
Maps of the area will be published so that you can study the area and find interesting facts about it
Limited numbers so enter early: £25 per horse and rider. Please send entry form to onthehoofdt@hotmail
Helpers needs and will receive an On the Hoof DT training voucher to use sometime soon.
Unfortunately, we have had
to cancel this event, due to unforeseen circumstances. Refunds will be issued to all ticket holders. Many apologies and please do contact us if you have any
We will be running other
talks in the new year.
Regular Training Sessions throughout the Year on 6 Furlong Gallop Nr Harley Wintney, Hants
- Training Assessments
- Training Programmes
- Fittening Sessions
Open to Individuals/Riding Clubs etc. No more than 2 working together at a time. Using Heart Rate Monitors.
You will come away from these sessions having learnt lots about how to use a uniform surface and a lot more about you and your horse.
Want to know more? Email or go to contact page.
MOT CLINIC - are you and your horse fit for the season ahead?
A comprehensive day of fine tuning with experts.
- Veterinary Assessment (optional extra pre season blood tests)
- Physio Assessment / look at what you might need to do pre/during/post events
- Fitness ideas for you from our (human!) sports masseur
- and something for crews and spectators - a look at the Dos and Dont's of Crewing
- General Vetting dos and don'ts: vet gates, trot ups etc
This is an Event NOT to be missed .... limited numbers so commit early or be disappointed.
Location will be: West Byfleet
Cost: £75.00 per Horse/Rider & one Crew (deposit secures place) £25 additional crew and spectators.